Yesterday when I was attempting to fly I bailed pretty hard into Cute Med. Student's knees. He was very understanding, and I was embarrassed enough that I didn't realise that I'd hurt myself. Last night the pain started to kick in, so I took some muscle relaxants and watched some X-Files. And this morning? MASSIVE AMOUNTS OF PAIN! Mr. Chiropractor has since concluded that I sprained my Rotator Cuff Tendon. Isn't that nice? I thought so too. At any rate, I blame the drugs on my super-weird day.
My alarm went off at 5:30am, and I actually dragged my sorry self out of bed at 6. I tried to get ready for school, but by 6:30 I was cold and I hurt, so I went back to bed for an hour... fully clothed, because getting dressed the first time was really hard. I slept, got up and left for school while I was still mostly asleep. I was just sitting down to seriously study when a friend asked me to go to Whole Foods with her, and I thought oatmeal sounded nice, so I agreed. When we got back we seriously studied for a good ten minutes and then started to talk about important things... like boys and dancing. Then I think I had class for a while, and then I assisted my first class, which was as enjoyable as manhandling a lot of sweaty people can be. Then a three hour lecture with Mr. Chiropractor, who promised we'd all die next week if we drink pop, take pain killers, use computers and wear high heels. I think his life must not be very exciting. I hope he goes to the Gay Pride Parade on Sunday and has a little fun. Maybe he could even *gasp* have a COLA!!!! WOW! THAT WOULD BE LIVING ON THE EDGE!!!
Then I went shopping and somehow got talked into applying for a Victoria's Secret credit card while... YES, WHILE... they were doing a bra fitting on me! That's how they get you, whipping out the measuring tape in a swarming "Semi-Annual Sale" crowd and asking you what your phone number is! YIKES!!! I didn't even realise they'd done it until they told me I'd been approved. It was sheer madness, I'm telling you, SHEER MADNESS!
... I'd like to say that the day ended there, but alas, it didn't.
I got home to a note on my bed that said "Join us for dinner at Kennedy's for Indian food at Columbus and Taylor."
"Okay," I said, putting down my shamefully large bag of Victoria's Secret merchandise.
I started walking down Columbus, past Filbert, past Union... hmmmm. Then I turned around and started walking in the right direction (so embarrassing!) Then some tourists asked me where they could find a good Italian place, so I suggested North Beach Restaurant. Then I got to Columbus and Taylor and didn't see any restaurants at all. Then another tourist asked me if a mailbox was, indeed, a mailbox (for international mail) and I said Yes. Then I saw a sign that said "Kennedy's Irish Pub." ... Irish? Indian? What? But indeed, there was Caspian's bicycle parked outside, and indeed, inside was half-Irish Pub, half-Indian Restaurant... Weird. The food was spectacular, mmmmm. And then, at last, we had Gelato (I got half-watermelon, half-nectarine... Yummmmm.)
And that's that! Isn't that exciting? My Rotator Cuff Tendon WILL be okay by tomorrow, because I have to do two classes to make up for the one I missed today. Weeeee! Isn't this fun? 8 more classes to go!
Love to all,
Gillian
2 comments:
Ouch! I don't think I even know what a rotator cuff is.... Sounds painful though! Feel better Gill. You're almost done! Yea! Then it will soon be time to come home and claim your bed back from Turtle. =P
hey Gillian,
I'm sorry to hear that you have injured yourself! I'm sure it does hurt!! I hope you feel better soon!
Kim
Post a Comment