Monday, June 18, 2007

I Don't Bend That Way!

For those of you wondering "what does Gillian do all day?" here is a video I found on YouTube of people doing Ashtanga Yoga really well. Personally, I'm not that good. I can do most of these poses, and if not the "full" pose, then the modified version. I still can't do the ones where they are JUST balancing on the arms, and I can't say that any of us have tried the ones where they have their feet behind their heads... that's just for creepy circus folk... Also, we don't get to do Yoga on mountains with monkeys running around in the background, which I'm very sorry about. This week we get to choose three poses that the instructors will give us extra help on... mine are ALL arm balance ones, so we'll see if I can muster the shoulder strength from somewhere, and then I can show off when I get home.

For now, here's the video:



No wonder I'm tired!!!

Miss you!
Gillian

2 comments:

Queen of Swords said...

Umm... I've done yoga. Even some of those positions, albeit not correct by any stretch and not shortened because the instructors were too busy to see how much difficulty I was having. So I like yoga. That said, I found that video really quite disturbing, in an "I don't bend that way, and people who do are really a little on the bizarre and unnatural side" way. *hugs* No wonder you're tired!

Kirsten said...

I was half expecting the monkeys to attack zen yoga guy... lol