Wednesday, June 27, 2007

The Final Stretch

Wow, this week has been busy and the Internet has been sketchy! I wrote a big long post yesterday and then got disconnected before I could save it! D'oh! I'm sure it's all irrelevant by now anyway.

It's been a good week. The director said my independent practice was beautiful, which was exciting. He also brought in a massage therapist who gave us all back massages, which was very nice also. My neck/shoulders required much work and I was nearly crying by the end it hurt so much! Ah well. We had guest speaker in to talk about Ayurveda, which was really interesting! It's been a good week! Lots of tests and assignments due, and now I'm done all except for the Final Practical Exam tomorrow. I AM nervous about this one, since we have to teach an hour-long class to a classmate. It would help if I knew who I was being paired with, because I know some people would really help you out if you were going on the wrong track into a pose (give you physical hints, etc), and other people wouldn't. When I'm doing the practice on my own I remember the sequence, but when I'm teaching it to someone else my mind blanks sometimes and I forget what comes next or what a pose is called. I've been trying to study but I feel completely burnt out. At this point I just want to be finished!!! All I have left in me tonight is to repeat the seated series to myself in the shower and hope for the best.

Two Days Left!
Love,
Gillian

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to GO! You are almost there! Have I got a great deal for you when you get back...I just took an acupressure course and need someone to practice on...I bet it would be fabulous to help release those tight spots!
Can't wait to see you..sending you awesome thoughts for your class tomorrow! Lovelovelove

Kirsten said...

Just read this - I hope the practical exam went well today! You're almost done - yay! Then comes DISNEYLAND!!!!! :D