No really, that IS one of the sections of my Yoga Manual. "Contemplating Your Navel" ... Really... I can't say that I've ever contemplated my navel, but apparently this is the time to do so!
I'm feeling better about the whole Yoga thing today as I have now read the manual and worked though most of the Primary Series DVD and I don't feel in over my head. Amy also took me out for a lovely dinner last night and made me feel much better by reminding me that I really do know this stuff, and it's not at all going to be like a bad dream where I arrive at school and realise that I forgot to wear pants. In fact, if any Granola Hippies scorn me for my Lululemon attire, then they aren't really engrossed in the Yoga practice anyway, are they? That behaviour doesn't really count as "union with the universal", because I am, in fact, a part of the universal. Maybe I'll make a T-Shirt that says "Love me! I'm part of the universal." ... or I'll just wear my Hello Kitty T-shirt the first day as an extreme challenge to them to love me :P Hahaha!
Moving on, here are a few interesting quotes from my manual...
“The breath should always be louder than the internal dialogue.”
Hmmm. My inner dialogue is fairly non-stop, so this might be problematic. I have this image in mind of me clutching my head in the middle of class and yelling "Shut UP!!! SHUT UP!!!" ... nice.
“Take the ambition out of it. You are competing with no one.”
Well thank HEAVENS! That's all I have to say about that.
“Every painful experience is an opportunity to let go.”
Uh.. Good... and you'll teach me how to do this, right? For a nano-second I considered going outside and purposely being stung by a wasp so that I could let go of my fear, but then I wasn't sure if that's what they really meant... or if it would just hurt and make me cry.
Well I think that's it for now. I can't believe that I'll be in California tomorrow! Weeeee!!!
Love,
Gillian
No comments:
Post a Comment