Wow, I can't believe I'm actually done! Technically I still have tomorrow, but I'm done all of the assignments, all of the exams, and tomorrow is just one last lesson (teaching Yoga to Kids) and then our "ceremony" and one last practice. WOW!!!
The final exam today went REALLY well. I was so nervous beforehand, we were madly quizzing each other, and we got paired up (lucky me, I really like the girl who I got paired with!) She went first and I had a GREAT practice, and then I went and she was like "wow. Promise me you'll teach. You're such a good teacher!" YAY!!!! Lots of positive feedback, and I couldn't believe how quickly it went! We all went out for dinner and drinks afterwards, which was fun :) I'm really going to miss my fellow trainees! What an interesting assortment of people they are, and all so smart and funny and supportive *sniffle* I'm glad to be done the course because it was really intense and emotional, but I will miss the people a lot.
I guess it's time to answer the questions then, isn't it?
1. Are you buff?
Uh, no. I'm stronger, but I still look the same. If you were to TOUCH me, you'd feel a difference, but I don't think I look at all different. If you just poke my belly (which I know you will, Nathan) you'll feel it's solid, but I'm not going to rush out and wear a bikini.
2. Can you do a headstand?
Uh... also no. In fact, I've been told that I just don't have the shoulder strength to do that yet, but in another three months, yes. So ask me again in three months.
3. Have you met the love of your life/Can we stop worrying about your old-maid status?
Again, no. I'm sorry. But I'm optimistic about the guys in Nova Scotia.
4. Will you, in fact, teach Yoga?
Maybe. I'm going to teach mum and dad (and anyone else who is interested! Free Private Yoga Instruction!!!!) and go from there. I think I have to see what will fly in small town Nova Scotia and go from there!
5. Are you Zen/Non-Attached?
Haha, well... I'm tired! Does that count?
6. You just finished Yoga School! What are you going to do now?!
I'M GOING TO DISNEYLAND!!!
Love you and miss you and see most of you in a week!!!
Gillian
P.S. One of the instructors showed us this Monty Python video on "Learning to Fly"... oddly similar to how WE learn to fly "Arms out, fingers together, knees bent, head well forward!" Hahaha. Love it!
2 comments:
Congratulations Gillian! I'm so proud of you. It takes a lot of guts to do what you did, and you have emerged a certified yoga instructor with a better sense of self. Relax and enjoy your last couple of days in San Fran. We'll see you when you get home.
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay Gillo! Now every time I see ladies leaving the yoga studio at my mall I think of you. There was the new mothers class the other day, all carrying out their babies and going for coffee. I could so see you teaching that.
Looking forward to seeing you home again.
Post a Comment