Hmmm... Where to begin? The past two days have gone pretty well, my shoulder is much better and I've gotten loads of positive feedback at school, which is encouraging. I woke up this morning with some hideous head-cold, which made Yoga no fun. I got about 2/3 of the way through practice and then felt faint and decided to stop. Good times. I bought a new Yoga Mat... The Alfa Romeo of Yoga Mats, but I tried it out and promptly said goodbye to my old one. I used to slip and slide everywhere, and I'm not really a sweaty person, but it just had no grip! But my Harmony mat is substantial, grippy, and a really lovely indigo colour. It's so nice that I may actually give it a name!
This afternoon at school we had a very special project. We had a guest speaker come in to talk to us about Manifesting our Dreams. The "It's Yoga" school of thought is that if you write down what you want, the universe will provide. A few years ago I would have thought that was hooey, but when I wrote down the "gee, wouldn't it be nice to go to school to become a Yoga teacher?" on my blog, and then it happened? I became a believer. Anyway, I'm totally digressing here. So this woman came in to talk to us about Manifesting our Dreams by making a Dream Box. The idea is that you meditate (or visualize) and ask your Inner Teacher "What Do I Want?" Whatever you come up with, you write down and put in your dream box. Then the Universe gives you the tools to make it happen.
The speaker took us through a Visualization process, leading us through questions about what we saw, what we want, how we can achieve this. Then, based on what we saw, we got to decoupage a box for ourselves! YAY! It was so much fun, so inspiring and it really cheered everyone up. Most of my "meditation" wasn't really surprising, because I came up with the stuff that I ALWAYS come up with: I want to be a writer, I want to be a mother, I want to live by the ocean, I want feel instead of being numb, I want to be stable. That stuff is all old news. But what I DID notice was that the Gillian I saw in the visualization was calm and confident. I wrote in a sunshine-yellow room, and I was confident in what I wrote. There was no feeling of "geez, I suck at this too!" For once I wasn't severely disappointed in myself. There weren't any feelings that I wasn't a good enough wife/mother/writer/person. There wasn't any anxiety at all!!! Interesting. This, of course, gave me many deep things to ponder.
I got to work on my dream box and found lots of good things to put on it. Pretty paper, magazine pictures: Books in a yellow room, a rocky ocean beach, a hand holding a naked baby bottom with the word "touch." I also put on the word "simplified", and "romance." Then, I found the perfect quote for the top: "You must believe in yourself and in all the possibilities." Yes, I really must!
Well, there's a big insight into my life for you! Wow! More about me than you ever needed to know :P I really encourage everyone to make a dream box, if only to have fun and help you gain a little "drishti" (focus) on your dreams. And well? That's about it... except for one thing...
Thank GOODNESS it's Friday... Only one week of Yoga school left!!!!!!
Gillian
No comments:
Post a Comment