Monday, January 7, 2008

Dancing with Myself

I'm feeling a little like Billy Idol right now. I'm dancing with myself in amongst a bunch of post-apocalyptic zombies. My friends in Calgary have all fallen off the face of the Internet. I haven't gotten one single call-back about a job (I have now expanded my search across Halifax, Calgary, Toronto and Vancouver.) Perhaps the Apocalypse has arrived and we were saved by layers of lead paint and no one is talking to me because they've all turned into radioactive zombies? I like that explanation better than "everyone is just busy doing their own thing and they've forgotten about me."

I also feel very Generation X right now, sulkily looking for a "McJob." I'm not qualified for the jobs I want (apparently) and will soon be forced to seek entry level positions making coffee for old be-suited men who tell inappropriate jokes and don't know how to use the photocopier. I was so hoping I'd left that behind. augh. AUGH!!! SOMEONE HIRE ME! PLEASE!!! *throws massive tantrum*

Eh-hem. Alright. Well since everyone has fallen off the face of the Internet, I can ramble on about nonsense that no one is going to read anyway, right? Exactly. Like how I should make a dentist appointment. Hmm. Thrilling.

In my spare time I've been trying to put together a list of 101 goals for the "101 things to do in 1001 day project." It's actually really hard to come up with 101 things, but when I do I will post it up here for all you radioactive zombies out there.

Then you can read it or start your own or whatever.

I'm going to go be apathetic, lack a social identity and bliss out on technology for a while.

Love,

Gen X Grumpy Bear


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It took ME 6 days to finally complete and publish my 101/1001 list on my blog... Lord that was DAUNTING!!!! I just finished it like 10 minutes ago and put a little countdown on it lol... 1001 days, but now I feel rushed haha!