Friday, December 21, 2007

The Truth Is Out There! and It Involves Aliens!

Sometimes when I'm feeling a little edgy and my mind is going on and on about unpleasant things I start to crave a little escapism. Usually this means that I hunker down with marathon episodes of The X-Files and play solitaire. I have to play solitaire while I watch The X-Files or else I get too scared and have to sleep with the light on. Solitaire helps me keep my distance, and gives me somewhere else to look when yucky things are happening :P I love The X-Files. I think it's smart and interesting and often quite funny. It's also neat because it was filmed in Vancouver, and sometimes I see familiar places and go "OOH! OOH! I've been there!" It gives me a warm, fuzzy feeling to think that I stood in the same spot as David Duchovny ;) haha! Anyway, I know I've been watching too many episodes of The X-Files when I start to think that everything is a government conspiracy and I'm surprised when the lights go on when I flip the switch. Today has been one of those days. I think I need to cut back a little bit before I start wearing a tinfoil hat ;)

I'll leave you with one of my favourite quotes from season 5:

SCULLY: Have you thought seriously about dying?
MULDER: Yeah, once, when I was at the Ice Capades.

Lots of Love,
Gillian

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

don't know if you received last comment.
So wishing you a merry xmas again.

Mike (Calgary)

Gillian said...

Last comment? I don't think so! Which Mike? I know about four! Give me a last initial, at least :) Merry Christmas to you too, though.

Hmm. Confused. You can email me at deliriousblue at gmail dot com if you care to elaborate.