All through my Calgary vacation I've been suffering through a Location Identity Crisis. I forget which city I'm in, which province... even which country I'm in. I wake up in the morning and go through the list: "I'm in San Fra... no... Nova... Calgary? Hmm." I had a dream that I bought a house but didn't know which city it was in! Is that weird or what? So as for gaining insight into where I belong... hmm... still thinking on that one.
Tonight I fly back across the country so this morning I'm putting stuff off, like packing and re-filling the rental car with gas. Part of me wants to go back and part of me doesn't. All of me wants coffee right now, and none of me is willing to go brush the snow off the blasted car again (again!!!) and drive to Starbucks. I do so loathe and detest this city in the winter, but oh do I miss my family and friends. All that's left for me to do is hunt for pirate treasure, become rich and then forcibly remove my family and friends to a decent climate! I WILL hire goons. You HAVE been warned.
Thanks to everyone who made my trip so lovely :)
Gillian
No comments:
Post a Comment