Saturday, December 15, 2007

My Latest Project

As many of you know, lately I've been applying for jobs in Halifax and Calgary. Most of these jobs are boring and I'm not excited about them, but I'm ready to head back to the work force and settle back into my own life again, so I have to take what I can get and go from there. Right now any answer is a good answer, as long as it resembles forward motion.

However, yesterday I found a job posting for a Junior Art Director that got me pretty excited. You may recall that Art Director is one of my Top 5 Dream Jobs! I think I'm almost qualified for this job, so keep your fingers crossed that they see it too! The job involves a lot of liaison work with photographers, and a knowledge of photography, so I put on my resume that I do freelance portraits (which is true) and that I've assisted photographers (which is also true, despite the fact that I don't really speak with said photographers anymore, which might make references on that front tricky.) At any rate, my parents thought that having an online portfolio of my "work" might be beneficial. I let my other photography site fall off the web-o-sphere a while ago because my confidence in my photography "talent" was quite shaken (and still is, I guess.) But I agreed that it might be good to have something up in the event that the company did call me and wanted to see what I was about. We'll see what happens with that!

Until then, if you want to take a look then go for it, just keep in mind that many of these shots are quite old and that it only took me about three hours to throw this site together, so it's definitely NOT fancy. However, it is full to the brim with really adorable babies! The site is a sub-directory of the Delcourt House website, so there is NO "www" in the url (who knew?!) The site is http://gillianbell.delcourthouse.com if you want to check it out.

Keep your fingers crossed for me!
Gillian

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think its a fantastic idea, and I really like your portfolio! You have an unbelievable skill with photographing kids. If constructive criticism is what you are looking for though, I guess the only real thing is that the portfolio setup is a little on the 'vanilla' side... (but i love vanilla lol). I dont exactly know how to fix it, but you are the creative one not me haha. I wish you luck with the job, just imagine yourself having it already (a la "The Secret") and you will get it!

Anonymous said...

Have you looked at Lululemon?
http://www.lululemon.com/about/careers

Anonymous said...

NICE! I love a lot of the pictures that you took in San Fran - you should add a few more of those - they were stunning :)

Gillian said...

Thanks all!
Re: the "vanilla" web design, I think that's okay. I'm trying to keep the focus on the pics. I'm not "Gillian - Web Designer", after all. Besides, when you go to a gallery the walls, ceiling and floor are all blank to keep the focus on the art. That's my take on it anyway :)
Re: Lululemon. Yes, unfortunately I'm not really qualified for any of the current postings, but I will keep checking back. Thank you for the suggestion :)