I don't usually make resolutions at the start of the New Year because it seems sort of trite and goes against my anti establishment tendencies. However this year it does feel appropriate, considering that 2007 was a very messy year and I am more than happy to leave it behind me. I am also trying to "be more yoga", so it seems a good time to dive in. I will follow the "It's Yoga" philosophy of "write it down, and all is coming." I have written it down in THREE places already, and this is my fourth, just to make it clear to the universe that I am particularly determined about these things. I will also see the list staring me in the face everywhere I turn, thus making it unavoidable. I'll probably make charts, too, because I'm analytical like that.
So without further ado, here is my list of 2008 Resolutions (with additional commentary for the benefit of the reader.)
In 2008, I will:
- Drink eight glasses of water a day (not because I've been told to, but because I feel better when I drink more water, and it's better to have a specific amount to keep on track.)
- Do Yoga six days a week (again, because I feel better when I do Yoga, and sometimes I slack off and feel guilty. I'll also start up my yoga journal again, so I can keep track of my progress, because it's interesting!)
- Get my own place. (Might rent or buy, depending on where I get a job and what's available. I'm not convinced that being on the property ladder in Nova Scotia is a good idea, despite what I've heard. Houses stay on the market here for way too long, and I'm non-committal in that respect.)
- Get a good job that makes me happy! (Must, must, must be with a company that shares and respects my values! Must, must, must not dread going into work every day!)
- Get a nice boyfriend. (Nice is key. He will love to spend time with me, be positive and considerate, tell me I'm pretty and make me hot chocolate when I'm sad. In return, I will love him, bake him cookies and entertain him with my scintillating conversation and sparkling personality. Not a bad deal, I think! I make pretty good cookies!)
- Learn the Samba Line Dance. (Usually I can pick up new dances pretty quickly, but the Samba Line Dance eludes me at every corner!!! It is also fun and very cool to watch, but can I get it? no no no!!! But I will, darnit. I will.)
So that's that! I think they're all reasonable and achievable goals, and I have twelve months to come out a more balanced and confident person! I'm excited about this!
How about you? Do you have any resolutions for 2008?
Lots of love and a HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Gillian
1 comment:
my resolutions... hrm... I guess I should get them down on paper eh?
1. watch less news.
2. watch more cartoons.
3. be more 'me'.
4. be less 'everyone else'.
5. Feng Shui my bank account. make it a happy place.
6. MAINTAIN the amazing job I have.
7. make frequent trip to the beach, even if it doesn't seem necessary, because it usually still is.
8. remain high in the polls for "Best Uncle".
9. continue to 'reflect' on lifes experiences, but push onwards to make more.
10. continue to never be afraid to jump into something with both feet. (for those dull patches in life where you arent going anywhere).
Post a Comment