Saturday, July 28, 2007

Mad Ravings From The Bat Cave

Not a lot is new on this coast. It's been insanely hot, which is making us all a little weirder than usual. The humidity out here is staggering. It's like the world is your sauna; open pores, clothes heavy with the damp, everything is sticky. It's all I can do to lay in front of a fan watching fashion television on the satellite dish. (Nathan, can you believe mum let us have a satellite dish?! I can't either!) I'm really torn over Haute Couture. Being a Fashion Designer is one of my Top 5 Dream Jobs. (The other four being Artistic Director, Novelist, Museum Curator and Music Video Director... now you know!) At any rate, Haute Couture is just ridiculous, but how fun would it be to design? You could be like "I'm Christian Dior and I'm going to make a dress entirely of feathers" and people would pay a million dollars for it. And you would just laugh and say "I can't believe they fell for that." I would name my fashion line "Delcourt" to channel my French roots. Tres Chic!

Hmm, what else? Only two bat-nights so far, and lord help us, NO pest control companies (there are only three in the Annapolis Valley) have called us back. I think I'm past the Denial and Anger stages and am onto Bargaining. My nights are spent lying awake, creating elaborate plans on how I can get out of this. (If anyone has access to a hot air balloon, please drop me a line.) I've been dealing with my stress in the usual ways of colouring my hair and baking things (auburn and peach cobbler.) While I was colouring my hair I started to think about Tarzan, and wondered if I could use Jane as a role model in this adventure? I decided I'd have to have the Victorian Safari outfit to make a real go of it (Like Jane's outfit, in the Disney Tarzan movie! heehee!) It's all about the outfit, you see? I have fashion on the brain.

Alright, mum has discovered that I'm hiding and has "requested" my help unpacking again *sigh*

I miss you all. Come save me!!! HEEEEELLLLLPPPPPP!

Gillian

No comments: