Saturday, July 21, 2007

Are We There Yet?

I am SO sick of this meshugana journey!!! GAH!!! GAH!!!!

I didn't get a chance to post yesterday because Dad ran off with my laptop, so let me fill you in on the past few days of nonsense.

Day Six - Ottawa to Quebec City

We had breakfast (Starbucks in a crowded hotel room) with my Aunt, Uncle and Cousin in Ottawa, which was really nice. From there, however, things went horribly wrong. It was a terribly rainy day and I wasn't mentally prepared for just how French Quebec would be. Bilingual nothing, this place is ALL FRENCH! I was irritated about that as we pulled out of a Tim's and dad was waiting at a yield sign to get onto the highway when an impatient truck driver decided to go around us (what the heck?!) and promptly smashed into us instead. Luckily only the tail light sustained damage, but boy were we angry!!! After that I pretty much decided that I hated Quebec and that I was catching the next flight to Calgary because this was a stupid adventure! Then I had a nap. I woke up in old Quebec City and darnit, it was so freaking beautiful that I decided I couldn't really hate it as much as I wanted to. It's like someone just put a piece of Paris in Canada, it's just incredible! I went for a walk with my mum, found a book store that was selling Harry Potter, and came back at midnight to pick up my copy!



Thank goodness my French is decent enough to understand this sign :)

Medieval Boutique... So lovely!

Pretty Street!


Day Seven - Quebec City to Fredericton

Today was less eventful, thank goodness. The day started with hotel/cat/map madness, but things cooled down enough for me to get seriously involved in Harry Potter, which allowed me to be vacant for most of the day. Ahhhh. Then this evening my mum and I had dinner with Kirsten and Claire! It was sooooo nice to see them, and Claire has just gotten sweeter and more beautiful since I last saw her. I can't believe she's five months old already! What a sweet pea! And Kirsten is as beautiful as ever too :) Ahhh, it will be so nice to live closer to them :)

Alright, well I have to get up at 5am to catch the ferry tomorrow (blah) so that's all for now. Tomorrow... Nova Scotia... Ye Gods!

Gillian

1 comment:

Kirsten said...

Interesting magazine behind the Harry Potter sign... ;)

It was so nice to see you last night!! Enjoy your last day of travel!