Thursday, July 19, 2007

Day Five - Sault Ste. Marie to Ottawa

One Word:

GAHHHHHHHHHH!

Driving cross country is driving me to drink. You spend 13 hours in a car and I defy you to not wish you had a bottle of Amaretto to help soothe your nerves. So I ordered Nachos and a glass of Merlot from room service... SO THERE! HA! I'm having a drink (insert *gasp* here.)

Today was so long on account of all of the highway construction and a little episode of being completely lost and hungry around Sudbury. Apparently it's the season for blowing up granite in the Canadian Shield! Who knew?

But here's the good news:

1. We're staying at the Marriott tonight, which is super posh and lovely. They have Bath & Body Works products for the tub and the bedroom is big enough for yoga! I also have a gorgeous view of downtown Ottawa from the 16th floor!
2. Tomorrow should be much shorter, as we're heading to Quebec City.
3. Tomorrow night at midnight: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows... Need I say more? Now I just need to practice saying "Avez-vous Harry Potter?"
4. Saturday I get to see Kirsten and Claire! EEEEEE!!!
5. I have nachos and Merlot and an enormous king sized bed... ahhhhh la dolce vita!

I think that's it for now! Time to go relax :)

Love,
Gillian

No comments: