If you refer to my last post you may note that Canning is on the Bay of Fundy, right in the path of HURRICANE NOEL! Alright, it's not a hurricane anymore, it's a "Post-Tropical Storm." My verdict? Things are getting stormy here. The satellite dish is losing the signal but the power hasn't gone out yet. I'm a little more worried than I was a few hours ago. We are in King's County, which is not surprisingly under both a heavy rain (100mm) warning and severe wind (100km) warning. I'm a little irritated that this is happening overnight, because a) it's too dark to see anything and b) it's going to be a little too noisy/scary to sleep tonight.
At any rate, we should be fine. I expect that our power will go out (that wind is awfully strong and I would be surprised if it didn't.) We have lots of water and food and flashlights and I'm sure all will be well!
Love,
Gillian
No comments:
Post a Comment