My friend Kirsten and her husband and baby were in Halifax this weekend, so I went into the city to visit them. It was so much fun! I met some of their friends and we went out for dinner and had a lovely time. Then Kirsten, Tara and I tried our luck at the Casino and listened to a band play. It was SOOOOO nice to get out :) On Sunday morning I got a chance to explore downtown a little on my own, and I have to say that I'm fairly enamored with the city. There are so many neat old buildings and fun shops (although most were closed on Sunday.) I've only driven through a few times and caught glimpses of things that I wanted to visit, so I was delighted at the chance to explore.
I started off the morning at Cabin Coffee, which was a dear little romantic cafe. I had breakfast and wrote a letter to a friend, enjoying the atmosphere thoroughly. I was very sorry to leave it behind, but The Old Burying Ground has been calling to me since we drove past it in September. The Old Burying Ground is an old cemetery in downtown Halifax which dates back to the 1700s. You can read more about it here. Unfortunately the gates were locked, but I wandered around the perimeter and took a few pictures.
I started off the morning at Cabin Coffee, which was a dear little romantic cafe. I had breakfast and wrote a letter to a friend, enjoying the atmosphere thoroughly. I was very sorry to leave it behind, but The Old Burying Ground has been calling to me since we drove past it in September. The Old Burying Ground is an old cemetery in downtown Halifax which dates back to the 1700s. You can read more about it here. Unfortunately the gates were locked, but I wandered around the perimeter and took a few pictures.



On Sunday I came back to the Valley with Kirsten, Brad and Claire. They stayed the night with us last night, which delighted my parents. Claire is just the sweetest little girl and this morning she modeled for me so I could take some naked baby pics. What a little doll :)






2 comments:
Hi, Gillian!
I´m from Brazil and I like your blog very much. I wanna invite you to know my blog - www.caixapreta.blog.br
:)
The pictures turned out soooo good! :)
I'm glad we had the chance to hang out too. :) That's the best part of you living in NS!
Post a Comment