I had a bit of a surreal experience yesterday.
My friend Kirsten has loaned me the first season of Grey's Anatomy on DVD. I was watching a few episodes last night and at one point I thought "that song sounds awfully familiar." A little research showed me that Tegan and Sara have songs in almost every episode of the first season. This is incredibly exciting because I went to high school with Tegan and Sara and we were in drama society together. I knew they were doing well for themselves, but a song on almost every episode? That's awesome! YAY for them :)
Just a few hours before that I had finished a really beautiful, original, fabulous book called "Wonderfull" by William Neil Scott. I also know him from high school drama society. I used to dye his hair for him ;) And now he's a published author of one of the best books I've read in a long time! (I've gotten copies for a bunch of people for Christmas already!) This is so fantastic! I can't wait for him to write more!
It's a little strange to think of these people as adults, let alone published authors and featured musical artists, although it's not really surprising since their talent was apparent even ten years ago (yay drama geeks!!!) I'm so proud of them and am curious to see what the rest of the drama crew comes out with in the next few years.
Here's a Tegan and Sara video for you to enjoy!
Love,
Gillian
2 comments:
I spotted some Tegan and Sara CDs at Starbucks in Edmonton last month.
The store will be puting out our Christmas newsletter in a month or so. If you think it would be suitable, do you want to write a short (1 or 2 paragraph) review?
Of Neil's book? I'd love to! Email me with the details?
Post a Comment