If you really know me then you know that I can be kind of eccentric. Maybe this is why I love "Great Expectations" so much? That Dickens can sure write eccentric! I've always looked forward to getting old and showing off my eccentricities like Miss Havisham (well, maybe not that crazy.) I mean, look at my family? It was to be expected ;) I'm shy, but I have bold ideas. I want to surround myself with beautiful things and do what I like at any given moment and change my mind and hair colour frequently. This is just how I am.
I get these ideas in my head that are all-consuming.
I have a feeling that this will likely destroy me one day.
But my latest idea?
This is good.
I love this.
I am going to make this happen.
I was watching Marie Antoinette a while ago, which is a spectacularly delicious movie. Well, she has this summer house which is pretty gorgeous. Then the other night over dinner my parents and I were watching a show about historic buildings of Britain, which was also full of delightful marble and gilt "summer houses." Mmmmmmmm. So I said "I'm going to buy some land and build me one of those." My mum said "There's room in the backyard."
... Hmmmm.
So I'm thinking "How hard can it be?"
I think I'll have to downsize a bit, but really? A rotunda and some lovely Palladian columns and huge windows? I can totally do this! I'm thinking a cross between Palace of Fine Arts, Victorian conservatory and these...
Sooooo this pretty much has to happen. If you have any ideas I'd love to hear them, but I think Neoclassical is really the way to go. We're going with Cape Breton marble for the kitchen counters, which I think would be fairly cool for my summer house also. The stone is dated to be a billion years old, so I'd better make this impressive.I look forward to hearing your thoughts :)
Gillian


1 comment:
Dearest Ophe..
Your Cabby has found you! I hope you are well ( I can see from your blogs, that you maintain your uniqueness i've always remembered...)
tell me where you are at these days? i know your blog isn't the best place for this... email me
bryan dot caballero at gmail dot com
Cabby
Post a Comment