Sunday, October 28, 2007

...Call Me Old Fashioned...

Many, many moons ago when I was in high school a friend and I discovered "Those Old Radio Shows" on CJ92. Every night at 11pm we would eagerly tune in and listen to old broadcasts of "Suspense!", "Jack Benny" and any number of old mysteries, comedies and detective shows. We both had an enormous crush on "Richard Diamond, Private Detective", who was just smooth as glass in any situation, with a charming voice to boot!

I was pleased to find that one of the Sirius Satellite radio channels was all old radio shows, but unfortunately our subscription is in the vehicle radio only, and even worse, they neglected many of my favourite shows, such as "Richard Diamond", "Our Miss Brooks" (I idolise Eve Arden) and "Father Knows Best."

Well, the other day my high school friend emailed me about a goldmine website of old radio shows available for free download! WOW! This site is amazing!!! Each episode is in MP3 format and downloads in less than a minute for your listening enjoyment. Over the past few days I have been madly downloading my favourites and plan to put them on CD and my iPod for that long flight to Calgary and back.

I hope you'll go check it out and enjoy some classic comedy or edge-of-your-seat thrillers!

Love,
Gillian

1 comment:

Kirsten said...

Sooooo cool!!
I've taken to listening to radio shows & plays from eMusic while I take Claire for walks. This site will give me a lot more to keep me entertained! :D