Thursday, August 9, 2007

Waiting: The Art Installation

Belal hasn't been ready to be left alone since we arrived in Nova Scotia. He just gets upset, and then we get upset, so to make things easier on everyone we've just been taking him with us wherever we go. However, this often means that someone has to wait in the car with Belal while the other people run errands. Often that ends up being me. Often this means that I sit in the car twiddling my thumbs for 45 minutes. SO the other day I was waiting outside the hardware store, bored out of my tree, so I decided to play with the camera on my new phone. There wasn't anything to take pictures of so I decided to document myself and Belal being bored... waiting... waiting for something, anything to happen! From there I decided that every time Belal and I were stuck waiting in the car that I would take a picture of us "looking bored" to post on my blog. It's my own little Art Installation. I like the grainy, glowy quality of the camera-phone pictures, and it gives me something to do while I wait ;) So here are the first three days of my project. There will be more to come, I'm sure.

Day 1


Day 2 - too dark from the rain to get a clear shot of B :(


Day 3


Heehee!

Gillian

1 comment:

Sheila said...

Nice! I like the last one of you. Very dramatic. And cute little fuzzy Belal! He looks like he's experiencing some humidity frizz in his coat. =D