Saturday, August 25, 2007

Finally, My Anderson Cooper Shrine is Complete!

Ha Ha! Okay, I really am kidding! Did you ever watch the cartoon "Hey, Arnold!" where Helga had the shrine of "football head" in her closet (I tried to find a video, alas, no such luck!) Well, this isn't like that at all ;) Although, I do have a major celebrity crush on CNN's Anderson Cooper (ahhh, integrity in journalism... smart, gorgeous and a Vanderbilt!)... Eh hem.... moving on...

My parents have been occupied in the garden lately, so I jumped at the chance to paint and decorate my bedroom to make it a bit more tolerable. Once upon a time, this room was painted "Cookie Monster Blue." Then someone painted about 2 coats of "insipid cream" over that (btw, it needed 3 coats.) Then they put up ugly wire shelves and TA DA! One tiny, unattractive conglomerate of half-assed design (much like the rest of the house... but I digress.)

Well, it just so happened that we had a pail of "Silver Fox" paint left over from the main floor bathroom, and it also just so happens that Anderson Cooper's nickname is "The Silver Fox." Could I resist? Absolutely not! So I tore down the metal shelves, painted (and painted, and painted) and this is the result:



Soooo much better than it was! I love the soft grey-brown colour (and not just because it looks like Anderson Cooper's hair, although it does help! heehee!)

I miss you all!
Gillian

No comments: