You know how a little while ago I made a vow that I'd never spend a Friday night alone again? Guess what I'm doing. This time is actually not my fault, cuz I had plans and then Mr. Fabulous decided that I wasn't datable. So he bailed on me. But THAT, my friends, is not a story I can share on my blog. You don't need to know that much about me or about the shameful state of Men These Days. But I'm going to go dancing tomorrow night, so forget him. Boys? You suck. Calgary? You suck too.
People keep asking how my new job is and I don't really know so I've been avoiding answering. It's, well, weird. It's fine. The office and people are fine and casual and I can sit and listen to my iPod and learn cool tricks and play in AutoCAD all day and everyone ignores me, which is great, except of course I worry that I suck cuz I make really dumb mistakes and I FEEL that I should be perfect at everything immediately. This is stupid because I've NEVER been perfect at anything immediately, and yet I persist with this impossible standard. I also worry about the people ignoring me and think they're judging me. I'm sure they're just busy but, again, I want people to like me immediately and people just aren't like that. So it's fine, I think. We'll see.
SO between boys and work I've really been appreciating that Josh & Susan introduced me to "What's My Line?" I spend my free time cuddled up with my computer and laughing. What did I do before YouTube?? I get such delight out of discovering that my favourite actors and comedians were mystery guests, I have a crush on Steve Allen and I LOVE the fabulous evening dresses and costume jewelry. So go mix yourself a cocktail and let's have an evening in. Here's is a line up of some of my favourites so far:
Jack Benny
Lucille Ball & Desi Arnaz
(during the world series, so some of their questions don't make much sense till you figure that out.)
Lauren Bacall (LOVE this! John Daly has a little crush on Ms Bacall, I think.)
Doris Day (she's so cute! Heehee)
Gene Kelly ("Have you ever lost your address book in a helicopter over the Greek Islands?" HA HA HA!)
Enjoy ;)
Gillian
2 comments:
These WML postings are totally not fair, because we have sworn a solemn oath to watch them in order! So how can I watch Burns & Allen in June of 54, when it's only the beginning of May 1954?! How, I ask you?!
Also, tv.com has a fabulous section on WML, with reviews, running jokes, celebrity info, and more, even on so called "lost" episodes (really "sold the prints for the silver nitrate" episodes). The exact website is: http://www.tv.com/whats-my-line/show/5501/episode.html
Also, there's a Game Show Network "Late Night B&W" discussion thread that's pretty active right now, and you can ask questions, find out more about recent guests, and backstory about the episodes. You do have to keep track of where they are on GSN, though (I think they're on #209, Eartha Kitt)
The most recent page of the GSN forum is here:
http://www.gsn.com/buzz/showthread.php?t=41225&page=244
Enjoy!
(also, look for Woody Allen on I've Got a Secret, and as mystery guest on WML...hilarious!)
The Lucy & Desi video isn't on YouTube anymore, the link is broken!
Post a Comment