Monday, June 2, 2008

Cow-Town, Revisited

Well people, I don't really have much to say. It's weird being back in Calgary, it's weird living where I'm living, it's weird that I'm back and have no desire to see anyone or do anything. I'm hoping to be settled soon, eventually, and maybe when I start work tomorrow (ACK!) I'll at least feel that I have a purpose and a schedule. Maybe? More likely, I'll be tired all the time and think I'm in over my head. Let's be realistic.

WHAT HAVE I DONE?!?

And, more importantly, will I ever make a decision that feels like the RIGHT decision, instead of just flailing around madly hoping that I'm doing the right thing? I'm starting to think that's what being a grown-up REALLY is about. Trying to find the thing that makes the most sense and hoping that it all works out. That there's no such thing as a sure thing, and that the older you get, the less certain you become about everything. Am I crazy, or have we created a very stressful existence? Would we not be better off as hunter/gatherers? Eat or be eaten? I wonder.

Oh well. Now, because Josh and Susan got me hooked on "What's My Line?", here's a cute clip.



Say goodnight, Gracie!

Gillian

No comments: