Sunday, June 8, 2008

I Could Have Danced All Night!

"Bed? bed? I couldn't go to bed! My head's too light to try to set it down!"

Okay, tonight? Totally made up for last night. It was spectacularly, awesomely spectacular. Well, the first part. Part two was just stupid, but luckily I was still euphoric from the first part so it wasn't that bad. Did you know it's 2:30 am and I have to get up in 4 hours? and here I am blogging? It's the euphoria!

So, tonight. I got all dolled up to go dancing and was kinda nervous cause my friend Kim wasn't coming, so I was like "ugh, am I going to be a wallflower tonight?" I got there and didn't recognize anyone in the hall, so I went to sit at the front with the people I DID know who were selling tickets. Then everyone I know started coming, and they were TOTALLY excited to see me! Next thing I knew I had boys flirting with me from every angle, and was booking dance partners 3 songs ahead... "Okay, first I have to dance with Ian, then Mike, then the striped shirt guy, and then I'll come find you!" I'm not going to lie, it was awesome and I loved every second of it. I'm not a great dancer, but the compliments were flying at me and I was lapping it up. I was booked solid with excellent dancers, and when I took breaks to get some water there was always a complimentary young man at my side to converse with. I don't know how many times I was told that I was "the prettiest girl in the room." It was glowy and fantastic and I was sorry to leave.

But leave I did, and I got in my car and realised that this was the point where I should have known where my headlight switch was. Oops. It was dark, so I started flipping random switches and dialing random dials and miraculously the light inside the car went on and I thought "OH! That helps!" until I couldn't turn it off, and I still hadn't found the headlights. 15 minutes passed and then I got angry and went BACK to the dance and grabbed one of said complimentary young men. He obliged to help, and we fought with it for another 20 minutes. Just as AMA was telling me it would be a 90 minute wait, the young man figured out the lights! LOVE THE YOUNG MAN!

On the road again, and I totally missed my exit. But that was okay until I took the second and third wrong exits and ended up driving very quickly in the wrong direction on Sarcee Trail, saying "ACK!!!" I turned around at some point and arrived home without incident at 1:45 am after leaving the dance at midnight. This is why one shouldn't drive under the influence of euphoria. One screws up the car lights and takes wrong turns and arrives home two hours later.

But the good news is that I don't care, because that was the BEST!DANCE!EVER!!!

Heehee. Night!
Gillian

No comments: