Ohmygod, I feel like hell warmed over right now. My throat and ears feel like they're on fire, which sort of makes everything suck. I'm about to go to Target, for crying out loud, which would normally send me into paroxysms of glee, but instead I'm like "ugh. Must jump in front of cable car to end the pain."
But I still love California. I went shopping yesterday and spent a LOT of money, because the sales people here have got GAME. They must all work on commission because they just start throwing things in for free, giving you discounts, telling you you're beautiful, and suddenly you're five hundred bucks poorer and your bag explodes on the bus. So it's good that I'm leaving, because as much as I like hearing that I'm beautiful, I know they're lying to get a sale. I KNOW they're lying because I've seen how I look, which is bad skin, bad hair, swollen glands, sunburnt and epically freckled. They just want my money, and they can't convince me otherwise.
They just have such good stores here. Like The Container Store. Are you kidding me? Storage thrills me, and here's a store full of smart storage solutions and I get really blissed out just thinking about "a place for everything, and everything in its place." They ship to Canada now, but that sounds expensive to me... so maybe not. But the shopping here did make me happy, I stocked up on things for people and was thrilled that the lady at Bath & Body Works said they're opening a location in Calgary. And suddenly people here know where Alberta is, which is weird. When did that happen? What has Bush been telling you people about our oil reserves?
Another thing I love about California is the food. I am in Vitamin Water heaven, and got my Ben & Jerry's peach cobbler ice cream, which I have been dreaming about since July 2007! I don't know if I'll make it to Whole Foods, which might be for the best because I can't fit anything else into my suitcases. We'll see!
Alright, off to Target and in search of some soup.
Love,
Gillian
No comments:
Post a Comment