Sunday, April 13, 2008

Things...

I'm going through some "things" right now that I don't particularly want to talk about, but I have a few updates to get out of the way before I can go into hiding :P (Don't worry, everyone is fine, my head just isn't on straight right now.)

First things first: We have a nifty new sign! ooooh! ahhhhhh!!!


- I'm done all my coursework for the first three CADD courses. Just the exams left to do in a few weeks (and studying in the meantime) and then 3 more courses to go when I'm back in Calgary.

- Because people keep asking: No, I don't know where I'm living yet and I'm back on May 26th.

- I'm endlessly grateful that I ordered the Sesame Street Old School Volume 2 (1974-1979) DVDs. Some of my favourite clips are on this volume: the lost boy, Bert & Ernie Rhyming song ("what what hmm?","hey there lamp, that's a nice shade!",) taking the Llama to the dentist, etc. I've been getting pretty choked up since I'd forgotten a lot of the clips and they come back vividly as I watch. But then, I'm a little stressed right now, so perhaps am hearkening back to a calmer time. Anyway, I'm glad to have them.

- I'm on the final season of The X-Files (somehow I'd totally forgotten that Scully had Mulder's baby... HOW did I forget that!?!? THAT'S HUGE!) and am going to have to bribe someone to go to the next X-Files movie with me in July. Name your price, but be warned that I am going to be so excited and giggly that you'll probably want to wear body armour and ear plugs. Just ask my friend Kim about my reaction to the Harry Potter movies :P

K I'm going to be anti-social for a while. I'll be back when I'm more chipper.

Gillian

P.S. Speaking of chipper, I forgot how loud the birds are out here. My windows are shut and I can hear the cacophony of seagulls, mourning doves, robins, gackles, geese, pheasants and more from dawn till dark. I have my fingers crossed that the crickets come back before I leave, and then it will be the 24/7 nature soundtrack again.

No comments: