... I admit that I'm a closet American Idol fan, as well as a musical theatre fan. Last night's Idol was the music of Andrew Lloyd Webber, and since it was the top 6, they're all pretty great performers. One of my fave contestants is David Archuleta who is only 17 and amazing! He chose "Think of Me" from Phantom of the Opera and I REALLY loved his performance and arrangement of it! Check it out :)
Very different from the original, which you can see here:
Of course since they have themes each week I always play the "if I were on American Idol, what song would I sing this week" game. This week I would have chosen "Close Every Door" from Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat because it's one of my FAVOURITE songs to sing. If you don't know that song either, Donny Osmond will be happy to sing it for you here:
What about you? What song would YOU sing? Who do you like for Idol this year?
Gillian
1 comment:
Simon Cowell! That sexy bugger is the ONLY reason to watch Idol!!! And NO, I am NOT joking!
Post a Comment