Spring arrived in Canning today and it is presently knocking at my window, enticing me with a sweet, fresh breeze and cheerful robin songs. "Come plaaaay," it says. "You don't need to study! You should be prancing around the back yard, mucking about in the creek in your rubber boots and being youthful and giddy."
Initially I went to the window because the volunteer fire department showed up at the United Church across the street, and small-town life encourages "curtain-twitching" (ie: snooping when anything interesting happens.) I sat in my chair and propped my bare feet on the sill of the open window and I was doomed to recline, watching the seagulls soaring languidly and letting my mind wander aimlessly for a good twenty minutes. I can't see anything happening at the church, so my guess is that spring was calling to the volunteer firefighters and someone pulled the alarm to get out of work. Hmmm.
"How much longer do you think we can get away with standing here, staring at the church, Bill?" "Oh, I'd say a good hour if we frown and shake our heads a few times, Frank!"
You know how memories are triggered by your senses sometimes? For me, the first delicious notes of spring and Deep Forest are forever linked. Besides, this video is really beautiful and dream-like. Enjoy! Go Play!
Gillian
Initially I went to the window because the volunteer fire department showed up at the United Church across the street, and small-town life encourages "curtain-twitching" (ie: snooping when anything interesting happens.) I sat in my chair and propped my bare feet on the sill of the open window and I was doomed to recline, watching the seagulls soaring languidly and letting my mind wander aimlessly for a good twenty minutes. I can't see anything happening at the church, so my guess is that spring was calling to the volunteer firefighters and someone pulled the alarm to get out of work. Hmmm.
"How much longer do you think we can get away with standing here, staring at the church, Bill?" "Oh, I'd say a good hour if we frown and shake our heads a few times, Frank!"
You know how memories are triggered by your senses sometimes? For me, the first delicious notes of spring and Deep Forest are forever linked. Besides, this video is really beautiful and dream-like. Enjoy! Go Play!
Gillian
No comments:
Post a Comment