Friday, January 30, 2009

Tunage!

Wait, aren't all of my posts about Tunage? I promise I'll write about something else soon. What do you want me to talk about? Twitter? Shoes? Books? Yoga? Futons? Hidden Treasure? My new favourite word ("proclivity")? Boys? Send me your requests and I'll go on and on about it!

Eh hem...
Anyway...

A few days ago I heard an interview with Neko Case on CBC. Her new album is coming out in a month, but I was scoping out YouTube looking for early leaks because her cover of Harry Nilsson's "Don't Forget Me" is that fantastic. Don't bother YouTubing it yet, because there isn't a version up with the orchestra of free pianos, which she keeps in a barn. However, I did find a very similar interview, with video footage of the Piano Barn and a shortish clip of the Nilsson cover... Check it out!

Another recent CBC discovery is Haligonian darling Jenn Grant. I think she's awesome, and I've been listening to her first album on repeat. It's strange and lovely and different and yes, whimsical. I have a whimsical proclivity. (yeah, that's right! Proclivity! Knowledge is power, kiddos!)



Okay, good grief it's bed time. I can teach Yoga or I can design sprinkler layouts, but apparently I can't do both without my ears aching from too much yawning.

Love,
Gillian

3 comments:

Kirsten said...

Was the Neko Case interview you heard on Q?

I was scanning my podcast reader tonight and came across the MP3 link. I haven't listened to it yet, though!

http://podcast.cbc.ca/mp3/qpodcast_20090126_11321.mp3

Gillian said...

Yes it was! I love Q, it's such a fantastic show. I always listen to it on my headphones. That's where I heard about Jenn Grant, too. They just did an interview with Neil Gaiman, and today I heard Bell Orchestre, who are awesome. Next week, Lily Allen! If you're interested in the arts it's a great show. Jian Ghomeshi is so smart too, I have a big crush on him. Do I love CBC?? Yes. Yes I do ;)

Gillian said...

er, on my headphones AT WORK, I mean. (this is why I shouldn't try to type while I watch Oprah.)