Saturday, March 1, 2008

Waiting Day 16, and much, much more!

This is sort of a random post! It's Saturday night and I'm at home being cranky that this has been just another Saturday night in 8 months of Saturday nights sitting at home, NOT going on dates or out with friends to movies or dances. This is getting a little old, and so when I get back to Calgary I'm determined to make up for it by going out every single Saturday night this summer!!! Maybe Fridays too! HA!

It's blizzarding merrily outside (March coming in like a lion, I guess...) and I should be studying or working on the website, but instead I'm writing on here and then will probably have a bubble bath and watch some marathon X-Files. I mean, it IS Saturday night, after all!
Here is the Waiting Art from our trip to Halifax today, outside (where else?) the Sears Home store. Have you noticed that I seem to get paler with each waiting art pic? I have given up sunlight and vitamin D entirely this winter (it burns, it buuuuurns!) Leaving the house is for chumps. I glow, but in a spooky, ethereal way. I was thinking the other day that it might be fun to go to Disneyland for one last hurrah before heading back to Calgary, but I think I might have to hit a tanning booth before I invade L.A. or else I might be mistaken for a ghost in The Haunted Mansion, and then burn to Piping Hot Lobster shade within 5 minutes. Yuck. Anyone want to come with me? I promise I'll bring sunscreen!!!

What else is new? This evening the fire department was beckoned with 5 short blasts from my beloved air raid siren (YAY!) and I thought longingly that I wanted to share my favourite thing with my friends and family! Thankfully, YouTube was there for me, and now I can!!! I'm not exactly sure, but ours sounds to me like the 2T22 model. Before I leave I'm going to go by the firehouse and ask about it, and hopefully record my own little video. For now, this video of a 2T22 will have to do. Their blast is longer than ours, but the revving up and down are the best parts anyway, so please listen. I know it gets a little unbearable around 30 seconds in, but hold out till it starts to wind down at 48 seconds. It's worth it, I promise.



One last thing... The Village of Canning has a new website! I don't think it's done yet because it's a little hard to manoeuvre around, but THIS picture caught my eye....

... Canning used to have a gas station!!! THIS IS HUGE!!! What happened? What event made Petro Canada wash their hands of this village? Mysteries abound! People often ask me "how big is Canning?" and my response used to be "it's so small that there isn't even a gas station!" Now I can respond "it's so small that they took away the gas station!!!"


Lots of love!
Gillian

1 comment:

SFMama said...

If you want to go to DL, we got *gasp* season passes! If you don't mind going with us again, we'd love to go with you. We're actually planning a trip in the first half of May. Join us...Join us!!