Saturday, March 15, 2008

Various Updates

People keep asking me how my courses are going, which makes me think that I haven't put a lot of updates on here recently. So here goes:

Renovations:

The Renovations are going slowly but surely. The Grey guest room and bathroom are 98% done. The bathroom just needs curtains and glass shelves and then it's ready.

The Grey guest room

The Grey guest bathroom (view 1)

The Grey guest bathroom (view 2.) The tub is deliciously deep!

The Gold room has encountered issues and is going a little more slowly. Mum is finishing up the painting as I type, and we have to find a headboard pronto. Sadly, this means that soon I will have no space at all for Yoga, which makes me a very sad girl. *pout* Hopefully it warms up here soon, and then I'll at least have space outside.

The Gold guest room. Can you spot the back end of a golden retriever behind the shop vac? It's like Where's Waldo?

The Gold guest bathroom, which is not functioning yet because the tub has a problem (it isn't being a team player! Bad tub!)

The problem tub. Once it's fixed or replaced it will have more elegant feet and will also be deliciously deep!

That's it on the Reno-front. The website re-vamp and brochure are both on hold until the rooms are completely done and photo-worthy. SOON, I hope!

My Courses:

... are going. I am completely finished my System Management course work, and am just waiting to sort out the Invigilator process, after which I will write my final. I am exactly halfway through my AutoCAD course and a miserable 1/5 into my MicroStation class (because it's a little frustrating.) I'm hoping to have ALL of my coursework done by April 11th, and have my exams done before May 1st. I have until May 22nd to finish the courses, but I want to make sure I have plenty of time in case something comes up. I'm really enjoying AutoCAD, and am excited to start designing my dream home :)

Anything Else?

In my "spare time" (haha) I have started sorting through my clothes and boxes in attempt to get rid of stuff that I don't want/need. I'm trying to weed out a bunch of text books that I will never look at again (eg: "The Unquiet Ghost: Russians Remembering Stalin" and the thrilling "Communication Theories in Action.") The problem I'm running across is that nobody else wants to read these books either, and I have no idea what to do with them. I'm contemplating leaving them on the doorstep to the library so that they don't have the option of turning me away. I have a few really hideous Canadian plays that should be a bit easier to get rid of, but man... A lot of it is just really expensive bonfire material. Anyone have any suggestions about where I could donate this stuff?

Grandma Bell is coming out for a visit in a week and a bit, and then I'm spending a few days in Halifax with Kirsten! YAY! We'll see if we're brave enough to hit Lower Deck, which is (apparently) a bar that serves only beer and rum and is frequented by the Navy fellas. I might have to get a temporary anchor tattoo on my bicep for the occassion. I'll let you know how it goes ;)

I think that's pretty much it. Still don't know exactly when I'm moving or if I'll make it to Disneyland or if I'll work while I finish my classes or just move to Paris and marry a swarthy, rich Parisian man...

je t'adore!

Gillian

No comments: