Thursday, February 7, 2008

Je Pense à un Stratagème

A pretty painting I am going to attempt to simulate one day.

Yes, I am formulating a plan. Je pense à un stratagème (I watch Amelie too much.) I have been without a plan for about seven months, which isn't at all like me and has made me very uncomfortable. So I don't know if it's a good plan, but it's at least a plan. I have a tendency of jumping into things blindly when I'm nervous about not having a plan, so I'm trying to really think this through, but 90% of me says "AHHH! A PLAN! A DIRECTION! YAY!" I daresay I'll end up doing it, but I am trying to be rather calculated about it right now.

"So what's the plan," you wonder? Well... getting my AutoCadd certificate from the Southern Alberta Institute of Technology. Basically this translates into better opportunities than I have right now, the prospect of a higher income, stability, and all achievable within a short period of time. I can do the courses through correspondence or in the classroom, so I'd probably do a few of each. I have to play with timetables and see what happens, so I think it's a good plan, although it would eventually mean leaving Nova Scotia. Leaving seems fairly inevitable, since I've sent out 70+ applications there and have gotten 0 responses. So moving onto Plan... D??? I've lost count now.
Anyway, I'll let you know what happens. It would be nice to be in the city, with family and friends, salsa dancing on the weekends, and greater prospects for eligible young bachelors. Plus I'd try to start giving free Yoga classes to friends and family if I moved back. So we'll see... we'll just see. If you have any feedback I'd love to hear it.
Love to all!
Gillian

No comments: