You can tell I'm back in Nova Scotia because of the multiple blog posts :P Lonely much?
This time I DO have some news, though!
First things First: The Air Raid Siren is back! YESSSS!!! It went off at noon yesterday, and again today! I am soooo excited! It's been silent for a month and a half, and as I mentioned, it was the best part about Canning, so I'm thrilled that it's back :)
The other news is that I'm officially registered in the first three courses of SAIT's "CADD Operator Certificate of Achievement" program. I will be doing the first three course through correspondence in Nova Scotia, and then will do the last three at SAIT. I have to finish the first three by May 22nd, so I'll be busy doing that and then will come back to Calgary in May/June sometime. I think I'll be staying with Nathan and Sheila until I get a job, which will hopefully not take too long, and unless they change their minds. I AM kind of impossible to live with.
Interestingly, I was looking at the Continuing Education page and I appear to be one course away from the Journalism certificate. Of course, that was about 10 years ago that I took those courses, so I don't know if they would still "count." Meh. It was just a year of soul-killing ambulance-chasing anyway, and I'm not sorry that I didn't go back for the second year. I learned about photography there though, so I'm not sorry I did the first year either. It is what it is, and that's fine. I'm over it.
This decision ticks off a few more "101 in 1001" list items too, such as "seriously look into getting my Art History degree" (not sensible right now) and "decide which city to live in" (Calgary... for now.) I'm not going to commit to Calgary for the rest of my life, because ultimately I want to end up in Vancouver, but we'll just see. We're also going to the Marilyn Monroe exhibit tomorrow, so I'll take that off the list while I'm at it.
K I think that's it for now. I don't think I've posted this video yet, but if I have then I'm sorry! It's classic Warner Brothers, though! Incidentally, I considered a major in Swing-ology, but AutoCad was more promising financially ;)
Gillian
No comments:
Post a Comment