Thursday, September 27, 2007

The Two Month Update

Me again... chatty this week, aren't I? Anyway...
It's been two months since we've moved here (really? only two months?!? because it feels like it's been years!) Mostly it's the little things that make it seem so very different. Like slurpees. They don't have slurpees here, they have kool-aid slushies in blue raspberry and cherry. They don't have Safeway... I thought everywhere had Safeway! The accents... the wildlife... The fishy aroma of Low Tide...
There are good things too! The ocean, the seafood, and Oat Cakes. My mum and I could wax poetic on the joy of Oat Cakes.
HOWEVER... the most shocking thing is... THIS:



This commercial is ACTUALLY airing on Maritime television right now. I don't know how I feel about this. I... I'm speechless!!! Quick, everyone! To the root cellar!!! Reveen is coming! REVEEN IS COOOMMMMMIIIIIIINGGGGGG!

***UPDATE***
I just showed this video to my parents and, horror of horrors, they told me that Reveen is from Calgary! In fact, he lives a few houses away from my Grandma! So I extend an apology to the Maritimes. I'm sorry about Reveen. I'm really sorry. Thank you for the Oat Cakes.

Love,
Gillian

3 comments:

Nathan said...

Holy @#$%! Ricky from trailer park boys realy does look like him! I'd heard all the jokes on the show about it, but had no idea what they were talking about. That is *&^@ed up!

$#%@! I spilled my rum and coke!

Gillian said...

HA HA HA! I imagine you'll see a few Trailer Park Boys things out here ;) Maybe even THE Trailer Park ;)

Kirsten said...

Speaking of oat cakes.... Brad tried a Tim Horton's oat cake. He said the MMMMMMuffins oak cakes are even better, so try some out the next time you're in Halifax! I totally forgot to buy some when we were in the mall the other day; d'oh! the chocolate chip oat cakes are soooo good.... :D