It occurred to me today that I should have watched this video last night instead:
I remember watching this on Sesame Street when I was small, and even now it has a sedating effect on me. I watch it and the world is suddenly quiet and gentle again. I have no idea why. It's not anything to do with the cows, I think. It's just nice, peaceful, repetitive educational television. (Say it with me: "the cow makes milk for her baby, the calf.") My eyes just glaze over, my heartbeat slows down, I quit fidgeting and I feel like I'm four years old again.
Does it have this effect on you? Or is it just a deeply rooted memory of watching this while cuddled up in my mum's arms and being completely content and fulfilled?
For me, peace is a video about cows.
Where is your peace?
I'm going to watch it and then go to bed and sleep and sleep and sing "hey cow, I see you now."
Love,
Gillian
1 comment:
Very relaxing. I think it's the background music. :)
Post a Comment