Monday, July 7, 2008

I Can't Contain Myself!


Me, worshipping at the Vitamin Water alter.

Last Friday, while elbowing my way through the Stampede Parade masses, I looked longingly toward a coffee shop and saw a beautiful vision hovering alluringly before my eyes! I didn't have much time to register what I saw, since there were 300,000 eager parade attendees jammed downtown, squirming like sardines. Had it been my mind playing tricks on me? Was it just a vivid, glorious dream? I waited impatiently through the weekend, and today at lunch I rushed out of my office and down three blocks to see if it was true. And it was:

Mojo Monk Coffee House sells Vitamin Water. ACTUAL, REAL, GENUINE, HIGH-MAINTENANCE-CALIFORNIA, FREAKIN', HONEST-TO-GOD-GLACEAU VITAMIN WATER. I'd like to say that I wasn't a complete sobbing grateful loser to the cashier as I took my delicacy to the till, but that would be a lie. I gushed. A lot.

Now I know what you're thinking. You're like "Gillian... it's water... you need to relax." And I admit that if you tried it, you'd probably like it, but wouldn't worship it. You might be inclined to buy stock in the company like Jennifer Anniston and 50-Cent, but you probably wouldn't blog about it. I admit that part of the allure for me is circumstantial, because it reminds me of California and Yoga School and happy times. It makes me remember realising that the electrolytes really DO help with muscle cramping, trips to Whole Foods, hummus wraps and a lot of hard, but rewarding work. Plus it's yummy! Plus it has 200% of your daily recommended Vitamin C (overkill? Can one OD on Vitamin C?) I'm happy about it, is all. I'd like to throw a Vitamin Water party. Thanks, Mojo Monk, for rocking my world today.

In other news, we had a weird storm today! The sky got all dark and ominous, so much that I asked a co-worker if it was the Apocalypse. He agreed that we were all going to die. In fact, we survived, but the weather network said that Doppler radar had detected spiraling cloud formations and that there was a possibility of funnel clouds! EEK! So obviously I kept my eyes open, but saw no witches on bicycles OR flying houses *sigh* We never have any fun.

And now, because I have no life, and I get bored and silly and consume a lot of sugar when left to my own devices... here is a picture of me upside-down!


Love,
Gillian

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

GREAT PICS!

Nathan said...

Don't know if you look back for comments on older posts, but in regard to naming the green jeep, how bout "The Guacamobile"

Just a thought ;)

Anonymous said...

guacamobile lol! sounds like tubamaba or obomabo or....saxamaphone :P