Thursday, June 4, 2009

Ernest et Celestine!!!

One of my favourite things to do when I was a little girl was to go to the library or bookmobile and take out Ernest and Celestine books. They were just the sweetest little books in the world, with beautiful watercolour illustrations, delightfully French, of course (my heart belongs in France, you know!) My mum and I just loved to read them, they were so lovely. As a grown up I have been looking for them everywhere, but unfortunately the books are no longer published. When I was in Nova Scotia, my mum suggested that I try eBay! Glory of glories, they had a bunch of them! I'm trying to save money, however these books are just so important to me that I HAVE to make an effort to collect them. I ordered one, and it arrived today, and guess what? I opened it up and immediately burst into happy tears. It's an old library copy, a little bit worse for wear and slightly attacked by markers, but still... oh the memories! The loveliness of it! If anyone is looking for birthday present ideas for me, please please please consider eBay and the Ernest and Celestine books (in English or French! I'll take anything!) So far I only have "Ernest and Celestine's picnic." I can't wait to cuddle up with my little niece or nephew and share them. Bean? Get ready for some lovely story times! I can't wait!
Love,
Auntie.

No comments: