Tuesday, March 24, 2009

My Cry For Help

Hot Mess: Someone or Something that is such a mess... the level of it, is off of the charts. It's past pathetic, past pitiful. (UrbanDictionary.com)

I do love the term Hot Mess. It is just so much more descriptive and accurate, so much more... sticky and unpleasant and difficult to clean up after. I mean, you can vacuum up after a mess... But a hot mess is going to require elbow grease, harsh chemicals and a steam cleaner. My life has been a Hot Mess lately. I can sort of see the light at the end of the tunnel, but it's going to take about 6 months of very Zen thinking and bare-essential living on my part and, well, a little help from you for me to get through this. I'm counting on you here.
This is what I need:
$2,500 and a helicopter.
Okay, but seriously.
I need you to send me some free art.
I have a huge 8'x8'(ish) wall that is completely bare, except for a sad little coffee table housing my TV, 2 sad little shoeboxes full of about 8 books that I couldn't bear to pack, and two shoeboxes of assorted gadgetry. I also have unattractive cords reaching their nasty tentacles over to cable and electrical outlets. The rest of my stuff is packed. It's freaking pathetic and every time I look at it I feel like the world's biggest loser and I start to cry.
In roughly 4 months I will get my stuff back from Nova Scotia, and in roughly 6 months I can hopefully buy a condo, but for now I'm going to have to live in this sad state of affairs and not shoot myself before then. I have the basic essentials to get me through, so I don't NEED anything except for that wall to be a true expression of the love and support you all feel for me (you DO feel it, don't you? No, that's not heart burn!) And it doesn't have to be a masterpiece. It can be something you drew or painted or glued together or photographed. It can be found art, a thrift store find, a poster, a greeting card, a Picasso. I don't care what it is, as long as it's something I can put on my wall that makes me smile. In return, I will take pictures as THE WALL progresses, and post it on my blog. Please help. I'm going to be shameless here. Spread the word to people we know who don't read my blog. I really hate asking for help, but I either need this or a 6-month supply of valium.
Here's a picture of the offending wall to inspire action. If you need my address, then email or phone me or my parents. Thank you in advance for your help! You're amazing and I owe you big :)

(depressing, isn't it?)
Love and thanks again!
Gillian

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Gillian! Yes that wall needs something for sure. I have some very nice NFLD pics I'll send you, just send me your address :-) e.rowsell@hotmail.com

Kirsten said...

Team McKnight ready for action! :D

Queen of Swords said...

Come see me at Provincials, if you can. Get S and/or N to drive you to the God-forsaken south end of Calgary. :) I hear you have knitting questions, and it'll save postage!