Number of mini-chocolate bars purchased: 100
Number of Trick-or-Treaters: 4
Oops. Additional oops: I just baked cookies, too. EEK! It's going to be a fattening weekend, I can already tell.
But the real reason I'm posting is because I just found out that Dido has a new album coming out on November 17th! Her first one in 5 years!!! Super excited! Wanna see the video for her new single? I thought you might :)
So I went to Mac's today by my brother's store to pick up some butter for said cookies, and the sweet lady at the till asked what I was making, so I told her, and she asked how you make cookies, so I told her that too. While I was in there, a man came in to the store wearing a gorilla mask. He kept letting other customers go before him, and refused, when asked, to take off his mask. Sweet lady and I were sort of freaked out, but there were a few other customers in the store, so I went back to my car and watched. He wasn't in a rush when he left the store, and no one appeared to be freaking out, so I left. I was driving home a few minutes later and a police car with lights flashing but no siren came tearing in the other direction and I was like "crap... sweet lady got robbed" and I felt SO AWFUL that I had to pull into a parking lot and call my brother to go check on her. I felt like I was going to throw up until he called me back and said it was just a friend of the owners playing a joke. Even now I feel horribly guilty that I should have DONE something, but what could I do in that situation anyway? I guess just hang around outside and call the police if things got sketchy? I feel terrible for abandoning her, so I'll have to bring her some cookies and a recipe next week or something. I'm sorry, sweet lady, and I'm glad the gorilla guy was just an idiot and didn't hurt you!
K, bed time!!!
Love,
Gillian
No comments:
Post a Comment